When I was a little tike, my dad's best friend Peter gave me the nickname "Sparky" because of my red hair. I only let him call me that because Joey had a stuffed doll thing of Sparky and I thought it was kinda creepy {what school mascot doesn't look creepy?} So now, here I am some odd years later... attending ASU, officially a Sparky Sun Devil! The school I never really pictured myself at or considered much. I never was set on one school until senior year I had the big desire to attend BYU. But God had other plans for me. Sister Wyeth said something that brightened my spirits a little, she said how ASU needs more "light" and that it was a good thing I get to be there to share my "light". That made me change my perspective a lot.
I've been trying to see how I can bless my peers and professor's at ASU. I have a purpose for being there, and I'm still figuring out why. I've only been to three days of class so I guess I should be more patient. In time I know Heavenly Father will help me grow more comfortable with everything. The atmosphere is definitely different than Gilbert. I get to be on three of the five campuses: Poly, Tempe, and Downtown. And each is so unique. I guess college to me seems to be summed up as this: LOTS and LOTS of reading, kinda lonely {at first I hope}, note taking, speed walking, driving all over the place, spending a ridiculous amount of money {stinking textbooks}, and figuring out new technology and online programs and homework.
Other than that things are looking good..my professors are AMAZING. I am in awe they are SO intelligent, friendly, nice...I am excited that I got so lucky!
I could definitely use your light up here in Provo!! :( But I am SOOO happy to hear that ASU is turning out to be the place for you right now. I guess I have to share you with the sun devils. So proud of you <3 <3
ReplyDelete