Thursday, September 20, 2012

Golden

Here's a post I forgot to post... :) Bear with me life is crazy busy right now!


WOW. Tonight was incredible, indescribable. just WOW.

So tonight I got the privilege to go see the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastic Champions. The cast was a combination of the Olympic men and women's team (yep Gabby Douglas and Aly Raisman...my favorites!), World-Champion Acrobatic Gymnasts, Trampoline Gymnasts, Par-core Champions and Dancers...let's just say it was a LOT of talented people!

I loved every minute of seeing the Olympic men and women's team...they are just inspiring. I am in awe of how incredibly strong they are, mentally and physically. Being somewhat of a "gymnast" I know just a tiny ounce of the mental/physical strength you have to have to complete and tumbling pass and master a new trick. These gymnasts not only perform everything so flawlessly...they are consistent and do so well despite the extreme pressure and stress of it. I am just mind-blown by them! The show high-lighted them a lot with a special all girl routine {to Beyonce's song "Who Runs the World: Girls" or whatever that songs called!} where they performed a few tricks on the uneven bars. Then they did a special routine on beam and each girl was high-lighted again. Gabby even performed her floor routine that helped her win the all-round and become a Gold medalist!

My picture collage isn't great...but it's the best I could do with my phone!



The top left is the male gymnasts on the rings, the top middle and right are the women's gymnasts and the famous Olympic rings! The middle row left is the women's beam routine beginning. The middle and bottom on the right are of Gabby during the beam routine!


They song before intermission was "Party Rock" and it was basically a song where they all did AMAZING tumbling passes. Both the men and women teams were tumbling so it was cool to see them  all perform together. They were doing double back-flips and all kinds of full-twists and layouts and ah! It is just incredible what the human body can do...I mean seriously? How do they know where they are in the air when they are flipping so fast and high?! I. LOVE. IT.

When my class on Friday found out that right after I was going to see Gabby Douglas one of my girls was SO bummed she couldn't go with me! She insisted on making a video and of course the other little girls jumped in on it telling me "to show it to Gabby and tell her all about our gym so she could come visit!" It was very cute to see how much they admired her! They were literally bouncing off the walls they were so excited that I was going to see her in real life!
Marianna...aka the next "Gabby" :)
She insisted I take her picture and video and "show it to Gabby when I meet her!"








1 comment:

  1. im' kind of really offended that you didnt even mention that ya went with your best friend to this....whatevs coco! whatevs!

    ReplyDelete