This week has been weird, hard, exhausting, scary-- saying goodbye to my closest friends as they all head off in their separate ways is not something I could take in all at once. We had a breakfast date for Karissa, a "last supper" at Diana's house, a game night at Hunter's, a lunch date for Emily, and a girl's talk on Sadie's bed two nights ago. The main tears I couldn't hold back happened at Sadie's, when Hunter left it didn't feel real, but being in Sadie's room with all her stuff packed--that felt real. It was then I realized how much I'm going to miss having she and Hunter and Naomi around. Each of those girls mean the world to me and it is going to be hard not having them minutes away. My other friends are a few hours away, but those girls are all the way in Utah! I still feel like I'll see them all tomorrow...even though I won't...ok so maybe I WILL see them now that I think about it {via Google+, boy are we grateful for technology!} Growing up I didn't think much of how this would all happen, wanting to be ready but never wanting to dwell on the sadness of saying goodbye. Now that it's here I feel I never could have prepared to say goodbye so soon. I could never have enough time with my amazing friends.
Heavenly Father knows me SO well and my belief in this truth grows deeper each day as He shows me. In my scripture study two nights ago {well now its past midnight so technically three nights ago?} I came upon a few scriptures that touched my heart and I couldn't hold back my tears. A warm feeling enveloped me and I can't deny that it was the Spirit. I started in 2 Nephi 4 and at about verse 18 I could put myself in the scriptures, relating perfectly to how I felt where I've been at and what I am going through. It was just what I needed. Verse 20 when it talks about God being my support I realized how I often try to put other things before Christ and that is where I make the biggest mistake. "He knows me better" are the lyrics to one of last years EFY songs that I love. And I am learning how true it is. I could not make it on my own these last few months. Growing up is not easy, taking on more responsibilities and stress is not easy...but living the gospel is. Finding strength in Christ is. My motto for the marathon is becoming my motto for life. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." I can do hard things, and growing up is definitely a hard thing.
On a happier note, I've been noticing how absolutely breathtaking the sky has been these past few days. Take a look at these shades of blue...and pink... and purple....and yellow :)
![]() |
| Driving home from work I get perfect views of the sunset! Good thing I have Chelsea to snap pictures for me! |
![]() |
| I love how many colors there are...ahhh :) |
![]() |
| Dream come true, I actually got a picture of lightning! |
![]() |
| The lightning makes it look early, but it was dark outside except for the purple clouds |
![]() |
| Making our McKayla Maroney "not impressed" faces after admiring the sunset after work |
![]() |
| Oh yeah...I bought my first laptop! Yay for having no more money....I blame college! |








No comments:
Post a Comment