Saturday, October 27, 2012

What Heaven Sees in You

In institute a few weeks ago we had the most incredible sub, Brother Chatwick (or something like that), anyway his testimony touched my heart. His words were inspired, the things he shared were so meaningful and personal. But he opened up and spoke from his heart, and that is when the Holy Spirit gives me feelings of peace and reassurance that the Lord's gospel is the most perfect and true thing we have on this earth.

Since I take the Book of Mormon class in Tempe I get lots of "car time" to think and I was thinking about a few things we discussed that night. We read/talked about 3 Nephi chapters 8-14 which is Christ's death and resurrection and his visiting the Nephites who had become so wicked they were in thick darkness for 3 days, experiencing all kinds of horrible earthquakes and natural disasters where mountains became valleys and valleys became mountains. But even after how terribly wicked the people were, Christ in all His mercy, called them to come to Him and repent and be saved. He beckons us in that same way. He is always there for us, we talked about how he knows us personally and individually. In ways that we cannot comprehend in our limited earthly state, He suffered for each and every single hurt, pain, sin, infliction, disappointment and distress we go through. And even when we sometimes forget and reject His divine help, He still provides it for us. I am so grateful for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know He is our brother, and that we can rely on Him for strength. I do not know very much about, really hardly anything. I know I still have so much to learn and grow and experience. But one thing I do know is that Christ is on our side, He is our way back to our Father in Heaven. It is through Him that we are able to become worthy of living in the presence of a glorious and merciful God.

I could talk about the gospel for hours because it is such a big part of my life. When everything around me is changing, people are changing, and the future just seems so full of uncertainty, the gospel of Jesus Christ remains certain. Ever constant and ever true. It is how I know who I am, and who I've always been. It is how I know where I am and where I am going. "The end" seems so far away, but I know in my heart it is not. This life is but a moment in an eternal perspective, and in this moment we need to make some pretty important decisions. Choosing to follow Christ is something that seems the most difficult, living by His standards and abiding by the preachings of the true and restored gospel seem hard at times. But tonight I got a wakeup call thought {does that make sense to only me?....maybe} that these things we are asked to do are not hard at all. I often need that reminder. I have a testimony that Christ speaks through prophets that are called today just like they were in times of old. We are blessed with men and women who are inspired of God to be leaders and share what God would want us to know.


"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience." -Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Those words seemed to hit home for me. I believe it fully, we are all spirit sons and daughters of God, we have the potential to become like Him. We have strength to overcome anything that will be put on our paths. We are here on this earth trying to remember where we came from, who we are (really who we've always been) and where we are going. 

Now I just wanted to end this post with a link to one of the most beautiful songs that I just so happened to come upon today. I came across a version with the lyrics on the pictures so I was able to really read and think about what it is the song is truly saying. It seemed to match so perfectly with how I've felt recently so here's Mindy Gledhill singing one of my favorite EFY songs "I Will Rest in You"
{http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Tn0CHG4G0&feature=related}

No comments:

Post a Comment