Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Octobuurrrr

It is definitely cooling down in the mornings and evenings, and I bought two new running jackets that I was excited to use last night when Chelsea and I did our run.

On Friday the choir had the Western BBQ. My mom has been working incredibly hard to pull it all together, and it was a great night! Their concert last Tuesday blew me away. They. were. phenomenal. Like I started tearing up concert choir and AVE were SO GOOD. My favorite of concert choirs was the William Tell Overature, and my favorite from AVE was Famine Song. The chords were so beautiful, ahhh I could not stop from wishing that was still me, I started tearing up a little on the way home as well that's how much I miss it. I feel pretty pathetic admitting all this but seriously, singing in choir was the greatest.

Anyway...enough of me being a choir nerd. Saturday Chelsey Smith invited Diana and me to a bonfire that night so we all went! We ended up taking Bri and Jill in our car on our way to the desert. We had some great conversation on the way up, singing Wicked at the top of our lungs, and lots of laughs....and screams because Chelsey decided to talk about some creepy "skin walker" stuff and we were all freaking out because here we are in the middle of nowhere. The hills on the road there make it so you literally cannot see where you are going whether theres a turn or not. When we got to where you need four-wheel drive we all hopped on the trailer and ended up getting stuck in the sand, blehh. Well after waiting around for probably 45 minutes or so (really not sure) but we decided to head home. Even though we really didn't do that much we had so much fun, I love those girls!

Sunday was great as always, my little nursery kids are so adorable, I can't get enough of their silliness and smiles. Sunday night there was a stake relief society meeting so I tagged along with Diana. The speakers were all incredible, I learned so much it was so insightful and inspired. After there was mingling with the men and Diana met up with Allesha and I got to meet some of the guys in their ward. They seem like they have so much fun, just always joking around.

Last night I went to GHS/HHS "Jazz Bash" with a special guest Greg Jasperse, who is an incredible professional composer/arranger, singer, pianist.... this guy does it all! He is so incredibly talented (especially when it comes to jazz music!) He can sight read pretty much anything and his scats were so good! I came late and missed hearing AVE sing their songs (the same ones I heard at the concert so I guess its ok), but I did hear Highland's AVE and Greg and both did so well so I was in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment