Saturday, October 13, 2012

Battle of the Bar

So today I taught at the gym, and was supposed to do a private class with a sweet little four-year old girl. Well after the first class I waited and waited, and she never showed! So I walked around, cleaned the mirrors, and then finally gave into what I'd been wanting to do, I hopped on the trampoline and had some fun!

I practiced back-handsprings, front-handsprings, back-tucks, back-layouts, front ariels, and side ariels. Whew I was getting worn out! I checked the time and decided to keep going since lately I've been dying to tumble and do gymnastics again. I went to floor and did cartwheels, round-offs, front walkovers, back walkovers, round-off back-handsprings. Then I had to take a much needed breather. I checked the time again to make sure she really wasn't going to show.

Next I went to the uneven bars. I chalked up and started to practice a little. Even after just a short time my palms were burning and red, that dang bar! I pulled out my phone and tried to take cool pictures, ha well that didn't work out. But here's what I got:



Can't figure out why this one will only be clear if its tiny?





Mimicking a picture we have hanging in the gym

It's a good thing no one came in because I probably looked so weird just being in there all by myself, and enjoying gymnastics too much! Ever since the Olympics I can't help but want to be better, it is just such a cool sport! I'll keep finding my enjoyment in being a wannabe :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment