Friday, January 13, 2012

"Life is a road and I wanna keep going..."

Yay for three day weekends! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE school!! It might be the fact that I have 5 electives...but I do love it! Unlike Monday, today just rocked! Mondays and Tuesdays are always rough around the edges for me, heres an example: on Monday I was eating a delicious bowl of peanut-butter ice cream with chocolate chips, but I dropped it on the floor! Then when I was driving to work I hit every single red light! Lame. Ok I'm done with my little vent, now back to why today was so awesome! First off you need to know that I begin every school day with Advanced Vocal, it is my favorite! I never knew I could love music and singing as much as I do! We are in an extreme prepare mode for the upcoming AMEA (no clue what that stands for). The two songs we have been working like crazy are "Comes Love" and "Brazilia". Both are difficult but are WAY fun to sing! We spent the majority of 1st hour singing "Comes Love" but at the very end switched to "Brazilia". During "Brazilia" there is a part where we are all suppose to gradually make jungle noises! We had a little too much fun with this one! Doc was telling us to do more and be louder so we all were trying to come up with something and it all sounded like tons of monkeys! We laughed so hard!! Another I love is just looking around while we sing and just seeing how much passion and heart is put into the music by all my friends. It is truly a blessing to be apart of this ensemble and concert choir, I will forever be grateful for it! Yesterday we got two new songs for concert choir, "The Ground" and......."Elijah Rock"!!!!! Oh boy was Naomi excited for that one!!! She has been waiting two years to sing it! Well when we started yesterday I could already tell both are going to be outstanding/breath-taking! Today during our run through of "The Ground" we had that "Gilbert High concert choir moment" when the whole world just goes still, everything seems to fade away as you sing the beautiful harmonies and everything just clicks. Sometimes when a chord is so beautiful I picture angels just filling the room, it is amazing! I see it as a tiny glimpse of Heaven :)

Another thing that made today spectacular was Seminary. Not a day goes by where I do not learn something amazing about the Lord, the scriptures, or myself. I am blessed with an amazing class as well! I gave the insight today and the scripture I shared was Alma 33:11, I talked about prayer and in that moment as I read that scripture it suddenly became so much more meaningful, every bit of it just sunk into my heart and I love that when I get the opportunity to teach my peers, I get to learn a lot too!

The title of this post is a piece of a song I love, "At the Beginning" from Anatasia! I love to think of life as being a road, to me it just kinda simplifies the big picture. Life is a marvelous journey and I cannot wait to see what tomorrow will bring...besides that SAT bootcamp class! :)

*Also as a side note, I've been a real dreamer lately! Every morning this week I wake up remembering so vividly what I just experienced in my dreams, so cool! I am just fascinated by them!

No comments:

Post a Comment