Last night was Halloween! I had a chemistry test to take, so I studied and hurried and took it so we could enjoy the holiday! We got dry ice and rootbeer and had Navajo tacos with Carson and Emma (so yummy!) We played with the dry ice for a good little bit and then went to Brent &
Whitley's for a party. We played a few really fun games and got to meet a few more couples, it was so fun! We missed seeing the little trick-or-treaters (I was hoping we would see our primary kids or Jase and his family, but we missed them!). But all in all it was way fun! This is the only picture I think we got, us with our Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes :)
Here is the update from earlier this month, goodness time flies by...
Three weekends ago Robby and I drove up to Salt Lake for Shanna's wedding! It was so beautiful up north, the weather was perfect! I hadn't seen Rochelle or Chelsea since our open house in New Jersey! So that was a fun reunion :) We met at the rehearsal dinner, which was super fun how they ended up doing it- more casual with a wood-fired pizza food truck and carnival games. We chased Emerson around, he gets more and more fun every time I see him! He talks so much and repeats everything you say, so great :) We stayed in Park City at the ski resort. Then the next day was the sealing in the Salt Lake Temple. It was so beautiful and so historic! You can tell it is much busier than most temples though, there were so many people! The sealing room was beautiful and we were nice and cozy (I did not realize how tiny sealing rooms were since the Gilbert Temples are huge compared to most). It was gorgeous and so special to be there for Shanna. Then mom, Rochelle, Robby and I did a live session which was incredible. I felt like I understood things in such a different way because it was live. What a special day! We got to the reception and got to help with the set-up (mostly food). Aunt Jill was trying to run things so Rochelle, Chelsea, Mom and I took over that (of course! the mother of the bride has to enjoy the party!) So we made hot chocolate, restocked all the treats....it was a need ending process :) But it was so fun. We made s'mores and got all caught up with family (I haven't seen Josh, Steven, & Michael in years! And Michaels married now so we got to meet his wife!) It was such a weekend, I was so sad it had to end!
The weekend after though, Robby and I had our "fall break". Basically they give us two days off, but I'll take it! We drove to AZ and spent more time with Rochelle and Emerson. Poor Rochelle was so sick (Have I mentioned on here that she AND Kelsey are both expecting?!?!!!...well they are!!! SO exciting!!) I found out Rochelle was pregnant pretty early on, and then a month ago during our usual Sunday Google Hangout session William announced (more like whispered haha) "there's a baby in mommy's tummy!" Then Rochelle said how she was expecting... such a happy day! Anyway back to Rochelle's morning sickness, it seemed to last all day long...for multiple days. Plus she had a bladder infection. Poor thing...she slept most of the time we were there visiting. But at least we got to help watch Emerson :) Robby and I took him to the park and he is so social! He walked up to this older woman and with a big grin says "Hi!" He walked over to a little girl and they were talking in baby talk. It was so sweet. We got to go to the Arizona State Fair (with Rochelle), the one day she felt better :) It was pretty cold and rainy but that didn't stop us. I got to try my first deep-fried twinkie, which Robby has been wanting me to try since day 1! It was alright! We stopped at Taiwan Express for some Taiwanese dinner and dong-wa-cha (most delicious drink ever).
Then I got to spend some time with Diana. She is going through a really rough time right now, she was married to a guy one week before us. And just a few weeks ago he confessed that he got re-baptized to another church behind her back. It is so awful. He has gone completely off the deep end and she has been really struggling. We talked for hours, she told me all there was to know. Seriously breaks my heart that she has to go through this. It has really strengthened my testimony though to see her bear these burdens with so much strength and faith. I am so blessed with incredible friends. Long before any of this happened I remember Diana telling me how special her endowment covenant was to her. How she and her mom listened to "What Heaven Sees in You" and how instead of talking about marriage she thought it talked about our endowments. She shared how she thinks it is so heartbreaking when women who do not stay true to their covenants just because they go through a divorce. She never knew it would later be something she had to do herself. She is so incredibly strong... her marriage is now annulled and she has to start over. My heart still hurts to think about it all, especially how fast it happened but she seems to be doing much better.
Just a few weeks ago we had Hunter's Bridal shower (and we decided to do a double celebration for Hunter and Naomi's bachelorette later that night). Hunter's shower was such a fun reunion! I feel like I haven't seen my girl friends in forever...well its because I haven't seen them since my wedding (except Diana)?? I sat by Naomi and realized (again) just how much I miss her! We started talking and she said something and I had no idea what she was talking about, we just started cracking up...like almost crying. I just miss her! Diana and Nani sat by each other, Diana seemed so sad. You could tell it was a really hard day for her. Joseph showed up towards the end of the shower and had a good long talk to Diana, he seems like such a good guy. After Diana and I did some interview questions for him (for a game at the party of course). Naomi had a dress fitting after (sad I couldn't make it!) but... Diana and I had some planning to do. We ran around and got food and treats, decor, balloons, sashes and masks for the dinner and party. We got to her house with all the goodies with about an hour and a half to spare. We did some homework and then Diana broke down, she said how hard it is to not be sad and miss him, and at the same time realize how much more she deserves. We cried and she got so sad thinking about why this all happened to her. I was so lost, I didn't know how to respond. I can only be there to listen sometimes, I can't take away that pain. Only Christ can. Luckily her mom came in to help us both not be so stuck in this sadness, we left to go reserve the restaurant. Sharlie and Nani came along with Hunter, Diana, Naomi and I. It was so fun! We ate at Oregano's and wore these silly masks and the girls wore their "Bachelorette" sashes...had to make a scene some how! ;) After that we headed over to the JW Marriott at Desert Ridge, it was gorgeous! Bigger than our casita ha :) But so perfect! The girls were all in awe! We took silly pictures and talked for hours. Went hot tubbing and had "the talk". Hunter was so funny and kinda serious and Naomi seemed so overwhelmed.... all in all I think it was a success. Since Diana and I were the only ones who were married we had to be the ones to answer questions and try to explain "things". Its so crazy to think just a few months ago that was me. Feeling so excited but anxious but clueless... it is such an overwhelming but such amazing time in your life that only happens once. Something Kelsey said that really stuck was that the anticipation of marriage has no comparison to actually being married- it only gets better :) Emily got there around 11, we talked and laughed some more, opened gifts, played games and before we knew it...it was 2 am! So we got ready for bed...then Emily and I stayed up talking until 5! We had SO much to catch up on! She had so much to tell me and I had lot that I wanted her advice on, she is such a good friend. I love her! And all my girls!!! So sad Sadie couldn't make it, she had a test that weekend and couldn't make it home :( Here are a few pictures from our crazy night ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment