![]() |
| Our stop on the way to St. George for the "famous" Jacob's Lake cookies! |
So 4 days after I moved here I was driving home after getting the blue Prius all cleaned up from the road trip getting it here. And as I was going across the intersection the light turned yellow and a driver began turning left into me. It was crazy, I felt like timed slowed down but I couldn't do anything to avoid her hitting me. I remember screaming and seeing the look on her face. The car crunched and I started hyperventilating and bawling...I should've handled this one better but I was terrified. Both of my air bags went off and I felt like such a burden. I called both my parents and they didn't answer so I called Robby, still in tears, telling him where I was and if he could come help me. The driver in the other car was 16 and she handled it so well at 1st, she came over and hugged me and apologized like crazy. Then Robby showed up, (in this outfit too haha) and came to my rescue. He looked so adorable running across the street in this :) he is the best.
![]() |
| His get up for his ambassador picture |
In a few minutes Brent, Whitley and Shannon all showed up and gave me huge hugs and helped me unload my car and work things out with the police and tow truck. I do not know what I would've done without them all there to help me. Brent got a few pictures of the car, I wish I snapped one of the broken air bags cause I thought that part was the scariest.
The car was totaled (would've cost almost $13,000 for repairs I think) so I am now driving the car that was originally bought for Chelsea - a silver two door Fiat. It is a super cute car, I miss the Prius a little but the Fiat has been so nice. Mom and Dad drove it to Vegas Saturday (the crash was Thursday August 21st) so Robby and I hitched a ride to Vegas with Shannon on her way back to AZ. It was her birthday the day of the crash too...but we ended up having a little get together that night and hanging out, then on Saturday we went and saw The Little Mermaid at the Tuacahn outdoor theater. It was so awesome. The effects and water they used on the stage was incredible. It really is like seeing a show on Broadway...only better because the theater is in a canyon and the stars are over your head. :)
Robby and I are staying busy with school and his work at the library (I'm still trying to get a job...crossing my fingers I get one today!) I'm still in physical therapy and taking a CNA class Monday-Thursday nights from 5:30-10:15. It is fun, and drives you a lil crazy at the same time because it is pretty basic, common sense kinda stuff. We learn 26 nursing skills like feeding, bathing, shaving, making a hospital bed, etc and then we go over the skills and other smaller scale nursing duties in a book and we take exams. I love that I get to wear scrubs and actually be doing hands on nursing skills, even if it is the hard stuff. Robby is helping me immensely, every single day. I love him so much. He is patient, sensitive, caring, understanding, always wants to be on the same page in our communication and he does extremely well when I am struggling. I am so grateful for each and every lesson we have and are learning together. I am happier than I've ever been in my life. I still have hard days and break down here and there. Mainly because I want to be married, and I miss my family, and I want to be married.... haha but we are in this journey together and I would not want to be anywhere else.




No comments:
Post a Comment