Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Long-Distance Lessons

Ok so I lied, the whole reason I opened my computer was to journal about this, when I got distracted because I wanted to first record what has been happening in my life. But since I am a little caught up I feel it is best to write these thoughts while they are so fresh in my mind and sensitive to my heart. I am learning so much more than I would have imagined I could learn from dating Robby "long-distance".

I remember beginning our journey, and feeling confident in trusting the beneficial side of dating long-distance. After all I had Rochelle and Eric's beautiful example to give me a strong sense of hope--if they could do this, then so could we. Robby and I were good at communication from the start I would say. We opened up to each other in a pretty significant way on our second date, (the first date he was still adjusting, I don't blame him though he was super recently home front he mission…and he had wanted to take me out but I beat him too it, nerve racking!)  Anyway we have had to solely rely on our communication to keep us strong. And it has built us up in so many ways.  If it were not for the distance, I do not know if Robby and I could have discovered the depth of our feelings for each other.

I have learned to have more patience, trust, hope, and joy in the journey. I have learned to rely on my Savior more when there are days when I feel like I cannot handle the separation. I have felt peace and an overwhelming sense of comfort seep into my heart and soul time and time again. I have grown to a greater understanding of how The Lord works. I am learning that "sacrifice brings forth the blessing of heaven". I am learning that our struggles and trials have deep meaning and are in no way made to hurt us but only to lift us to heights we could not have reached had we not been willing to climb "the mountain" to get there. My testimony has grown stronger as I have seen and felt the blessings of the Spirit that Robby has brought into my life. I appreciate every moment I have with my love, and I know that I never want to take even a single moment for granted. I am learning to appreciate Robby in his strength and encouragement, he has helped me get through a lot of struggles, both big and small. I am learning to love more as Christ did, with more depth and sincerity than I have ever felt or have been able to describe. I love Robert Marshall Bowler with everything I am. He has been the most remarkable blessing and answer to my most fervent prayers. He is my greatest supporter, my best friend. The one I feel my most genuine self around, the one I can say anything thats been on my mind or weighing on my heart. The one who I want to hold, cherish, love and live with in the eternities. He is the one I can see myself growing old with, serving a mission with, raising a righteous family with…it is truly a miracle to see how much Robby has blessed my life. I will forever remember how blessed I am to be his. I will forever remember the ache in my heart when I am away from him and the eagerness and true love I feel when I imagine myself with him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment