Friday, December 6, 2013

On Top of the World

Ok there is so much I need to update on, like always. But there is some extremely important stuff that I need to have in writing before it slips from my memory…because if you know me you know that that doesn't last very long :) So let's go back to October 13th, "where it all started".  A very sweet young man bore his testimony in church on that fast Sunday. He mentioned in his testimony how he had just returned from his mission in Taiwan not even 24 hours earlier {poor guy looked so tired….and soooo adorable :) } With Rochelle and Eric in mind I thought of an excuse to go an introduce myself after Sacrament meeting :) So I did! Two weeks later it was our ward Summit (ward campout) and I was in the Summit committee, so at our last planning meeting/dinner before the campout we had the bishoprics families come, so Robby was there! I made a little effort to talk to him more about his mission, and then when I went to find a place to sit I ended up right between Robert Jones and Robby's brother Brent. Well these two boys are funny and flirty and crazy….so it was interesting sitting between them :) Well I got to know Brent and Robby a bit better that night. They are both outgoing and friendly, so I felt like I became their friend really fast. (Ok Robby not as much because he was still pretty quiet…he'd only been home 2 weeks!)

So at Summit Diana and I decided we'd put Robby in the same group as us so we could get to know him better :) We were at Camp LoMia, and after the night program was over and then the dance party was over everyone kinda drifted their own way. I knew I wanted to star gaze so I went with Robert, Macy, Robby, Brent, Camille, Christian, Dylan, Jake and Jenna. Diana didn't come because of those last 2…and I reluctantly left my little sick baby (I was her official nurse at camp, because she had just gotten home from her mission because of gastroparesis). Well I was the one guiding the group because I remembered this awesome ramada that had a low enough roof to climb up on. So we went there and it was cold so everyone that wanted to cuddle and then it ended up becoming a big "spoon". But here I was sitting next to Robby and I could not in a million years "spoon" with a guy I had just met. Well Dylan somehow ended up behind me, and decided to forcefully push me into Robby in the most uncomfortable and awkward way, but I refused. Luckily I still got to talk to Robby for a little bit that night, even though there was a solid awkward 10 minutes where everyone was asking me why I wouldn't join the "spoon". After that we all went back to the campfire and then Robby and I talked a bit more. I remember hearing him ask "where did Corinne go?" because there were a lot of people sitting around the campfire. Well we sat next to each other and talked for a little bit (I remember this only because Robby showed me a picture a couple days ago that someone took of us, its a total stalker picture so it's great).

Well he got my number at Summit, and then the next weekend was Halloween and…. to be continued, I'm getting tired I need to write the important stuff that happened tonight!

So today (I guess I should say yesterday because I'm writing this at 3am..) anyway I talked to Robby right before I left for work to ask him if he could help me babysit Steve and Marianne's kids (Kate, Crew, Bennet and Lennon) tonight (Friday). He said he is solo excited to and I feel the same way, kids are just so great! Well I should've been doing homework, but I was struggling focusing so at 9 I texted Robby asking if we could go get ice cream. It turned into a mini date…cause we went to Cold Stone and he payed and then we sat in his car and talked. Jessica Slater invited us over to her house because she and Karson were hanging out. So we came over and sat on her couch and talked. We watched a video of a typical Slater Fest night of wrestling, and then Robby said how he thought Jess and I should wrestle, Jess and I wrestled for maybe 30 seconds. And then Robby decided he wanted to arm wrestle me, so we did! And….he won :) We didn't do too much else, more talking because that is what we do best. With Robby and Jessica and Karson there is always a good story being told. Well Jessica then sang us a song she wrote on the guitar, and it was beautiful, I almost teared up! I am going to miss that cute girl! Well she kicked us out we all left, Robby put his arm around me when we went outside…it was adorable :)  We got to my apartment and sat in his car and talked a little more and got warm before we headed back into the cold. He walked me to my door and then he hugged me like he did last night. Normally I go under and he goes over but, last night (well it was 4am when I left his house, but it was last night still…) he went under so I could hug him over. And then we lingered…and he went in for a kiss! So I naturally went in to because I really like this guy, and we kinda missed... and he kissed more of my cheek instead :) Well we hugged and laughed it off for a second before we looked at each other and I kinda laughed and just said how I really don't know what I'm doing. So we kissed again and it was much better :) I was a short and sweet kiss, and walking in the apartment I was shaking so bad…I can't believe it! I kissed Robby! He kissed me! Awh he just makes my heart melt, I don't care how awkward and weird our first kiss was! I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Literally walking through the door I was thinking about how even though it kissing is weird to me…it is SO much better when you feel so deeply connected to the person.









No comments:

Post a Comment