Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Dream Run {playlist included}

Finally I had one of those runs where you remember why you love it so much. It was like the ones in my dreams where I feel like I could run across America and never need to stop. Which is kinda weird because this run was also one of the hardest ones I've had with foot pain. My right foot's arch began to hurt so bad I kinda hobbled but kept running because everything else felt perfect. I eventually started walking, kinda frustrating but in the end it was still the best run I've had yet throughout this training (I don't  know if I have mentioned in my blog that I am running the Phoenix Marathon on March 2nd...it is coming so soon!) It might've helped that I added some of my favorite songs and finally made my first "running" playlist. My running playlist is full of really random but amazing songs that have in one way or another just clicked with me. I seriously get random song obsessions where I can listen to a certain song on repeat for weeks and sometimes months...

Well here is my random yet wonderful playlist {well my idea of wonderful}. I guess I am very picky because I tend to like only certain songs from artists.
Let it Grow(Celebrate the World)  by Ester Dean
Without You  by David Guetta (feat. Usher)
22  by Tayor Swift
Never Getting Back Together  by Taylor Swift
Wish You Were Here  by Cody Simpson
Corner  by Allie Moss
To Build a Home (Edit)  by the Cinematic Orchestra (feat. Patrick Watson) ^this one takes a little longer to build, you have to be patient :)
Cosmic Love  by Florence + The Machine
Fair  by Ben Folds Five
Alive  by The Black Eyed Peas

Where did I get these songs? Well here's a brief run-down. Ok so Let it Grow is kinda cheesy, and its from "The Lorax", but I seriously love it! I blame Kelloggs Tour of Olympic Champions for using it and making me love it so much. Some songs are radio hits like T-Swift's and David Guetta's, and others are ones that have been used in GHS dance concerts so that's why I love them (Corner, To Build a Home, Cosmic Love). Fair is one I heard and used to listen to on repeat on Rochelle's old iPod (like the huge thick white ones!)  Alive I first heard on Diana's iPod, I was trying to recall the name one time and I could only think "a line". So I was trying to explain to my friends which song I was trying to remember and I was like "the one about 'a line, a line...a dot??" To this day they still make fun of me {Corinne what is this song about a line a line a dot? :) } but in my defense...they say "You make me feel aah llllllliiiiiieeee iiiieee iiiieeee iiieeevve" so I could barely here the "vvvee"

I really think different songs work for different people, I tried to see what some people listen to, and then I realized that I simply have a different taste in music. I mean I know it is seriously the most random list of songs but they are each so perfect for me. I hope to add some Mormon Tabernacle Choir songs eventually, and add more songs that I forgot how much I loved but for right now I just love my playlist. I really think with this playlist and the sunset as I was running helped with feel just so good. Running is the best. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment