I have been SO happy today, but of course I am because it is CHRISTMAS EVE!!! I love this day. I love this season. I love the chill and being bundled up in blankets and jackets and seeing all the lights on houses. I love that we are all celebrating Christ and that we get to give of ourselves and learn to love a little more. I love that Joe and Kelsey are here, and that Rochelle and Eric will soon be here! I love that my friends are all in town (except Jennie Lewis, I need to see her!) It really is the most wonderful time of the year! :)
Last year I was getting tired of Christmas music, and the commercial side to this time of year was making me sick. This year has been so different. I am appreciating just being with family and friends. I could listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies for a whole month longer! It didn't feel as great last year, I think I took so much for granted. There is so much I have to be grateful for and I could not be happier! The Spirit of Christ truly brings the most joy.
Two nights ago Diana's boyfriend Jake took Naomi, Hunter, Diana and I on his family's boat to look at Christmas lights on Val Vista Lake. It was so magical, as cheesy as that sounds it is true! We were bundled up in blankets and Jake and Diana steered. We listened to Christmas music and sang along and looked at the stars and admired the lights that we still on, even though it was pretty late. I have been able to hang out with Naomi and all the Wyeths a lot this past week, they are so fun I love my second family! I went over right after she had gotten her wisdom teeth out. Then the next night we watched "The Grinch" and still took it easy, her mouth was still in lots of pain :(. The night after that I just so happened to stop by during their "sister bonding" time. I felt kinda bad just showing up but they are always so sweet and consider me as a sister. We talked about boys and life and then we watched "The Lucky One".
Today I finished Christmas shopping with Chelsea, wrapped some last minute gifts, watched "Christmas with the Kranks" and ate some chocolate chip cookies Joey and I made last night when he and Kelsey were over for dinner :) Tonight we picked up Rochelle and Eric from the airport, they spent some time with Eric's family and went to DisneyWorld and such...it looks like they had a lot of fun! We ate pizza and pablo picaso salad from Oreganos, Eric's request for his "last American meal" because they leave for Taiwan early in the morning on the 26th! After we ate we did our last of the "12 Days of Christmas" deliveries (a favorite Grimes' tradition) and then went to look at our favorite neighborhood Christmas lights and luminaries (another favorite Christmas Eve tradition).
I am so excited for tomorrow to be with the whole family, to watch "The Nativity" and celebrate the most magical, spectacular day of the year, Christmas!
P.S. While we were driving, Dad pointed out this orange-red star in the sky, we joked about it being Santa, then Rudolf's nose, in a matter of seconds we went to look at it again and it was gone! I am positive it was Santa :) no one else would be in that much of a hurry! Ok now Chelsea and I are going to watch "The Grinch" again right now, goodnight :)
No comments:
Post a Comment