![]() |
| Eating some Mexican food...well I had a sandwich :) |
![]() |
| Posing with delicious fruit....aren't we just precious |
![]() |
| Earl the magnificent kite! We probably had too much fun with this thing, kites bring out the kids in us!! |
![]() |
| Practicing our yoga poses we'd just learned from our 81 year old teacher, he was awesome! |
![]() |
| We devoured this food and made daily trips back, what can we say, we love Ralphs! |
![]() |
| More posing after dinner at "The Fish Joint" |
![]() |
| Loving the view from our balcony! Purple skies are my favorite, and so are these girls! :) |
I realized yesterday that I was feeling an emotional exhaustion, as I started writing my thank you notes from graduation gifts, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for having such amazing people in my life. My heart felt so full and I started thinking about Naomi leaving for college in just 9 days...now thats a whole other load of extreme thankfulness for Heavenly Father giving me such an incredible best friend with an incredible family. As I was writing her family a thank you note, I remembered so many times that they had given our family dinner or let us sleep over when Mom and Dad were out of town. They have ALWAYS looked out for me and let me know how much they care and goodness I want to cry just thinking about how amazing they are! I hope one day to be as open armed, loving, and amazing as Sister Wyeth, she is like my second mom and always gives the greatest advice and insight.
With all the "lasts" and change that is happening: no more high school, seminary, young womens, friends moving on and away, etc... everything either hits me hard all at once or seems to not hit me at all. I think I cried so much before and during graduation that I am learning that sometimes its ok to not cry even when your heart is completely sunk and you feel discouraged because you don't know how to handle so much change in your life. With Rochelle getting married and Naomi leaving for college within two weeks of eachother I'd say I am a complete mess of emotions. I am excited to see them happy and taking these big steps toward their amazing futures that lie ahead, but at the same time I feel so selfish because I am not ready to let them go. Heavenly Father is really teaching me to learn to embrace change and luckily I have Him to lean on when I struggle with accepting it.
![]() |
Now for some happy stuff! My Uncle Bruce and Aunt Jill so kindly gave me a Deseret Book gift card for graduation, and the first thing I thought of was a book I had heard a lot of people saying they loved. It is Stephanie Nielson's book titled "Heaven is Here" and I am so excited to read it!











No comments:
Post a Comment