Yep it's true. They're now officially uncontrollable, ask any of my friends and we will just say if we randomly start crying at any moment to just ignore us. We are realizing how much we are going to miss this. High school has had its ups and downs, as much as I would love to get out of that place there are most definititely things and people I don't know how I am going to say goodbye to. The relationships that I have with my friends and classmates (meaning my dance, choir, and stuco classmates especially!) are somethings that I hold so close to my heart.
Last night was my very last dance concert: "DanceWorkes Takes 2012" & the whole experience was indescribable. I have never seen so many girls dance with their true emotions & cry as much as we did. We bawled before in our little "family meeting" that is tradition before concert. The seniors each shared with the younger girls how much they mean to us & how dance has impacted our lives for the better. After that Advanced Dance went in our dressing room & said a prayer together, it was comforting & beautiful to see those girls pour their hearts out to eachother after we prayed & thanked God for the ability, talent, & priviledge we have to be dancers. I then ran backstage to watch my senior DanceWorkes friends do their senior solos; it only got more emotional from there. One of my favorite parts of concert is being on side stage & really feeling apart of the dances. It is the best when you are on stage & you see your closest friends/support right by your side cheeering you on with huge smiles :)
 |
| My little freshman! Kenna, Kenzie and Ashley :) |
 |
| Getting a little crazy before the show! (Ok more like A LOT crazy!) |
 |
| Me, Christy, Kenzie, and Ashley before the show! |
My first number was so fun, I have never felt so happy being on that stage with all my favorite dancers. I was backstage for three dances before the senior dance to help Amie's brother know when to come on for Amie and Chelseas dance "Called to Serve". Watching Chelsea on sidestage I started crying again just thinking about how this was our last time sharing a stage. Depressing, but I am thankful I have gotten to do it for 3 years. When it came to the senior dance, I thought about the words to the song we were dancing to
I Hope You Dance, it pretty well describes how I feel sending those girls off as we take our next journey in life
. We finished, hugged, cried some more and then the slideshow came on, I literally felt like my life had flashed before my eyes, every year time just speeds up so fast. The younger girls joined us on stage and gave us each a red rose, it was so adorable!
Now the fun part: MIDDLE! Middle is always a crazy/awkward dance that is supposed to be all about the audiences entertainment. Last concert I started a "tradition" where I simply join DanceWorkes on stage without Mrs. Henning knowing anything about it. After all, everyone wears crazy costumes and if I messed up, it'd only make the dance funnier! I came on in a huge furry coat as one of the werewolves for the "Twilight" scence with the fighting vampires and werewolves. I came on again for the "Elf" scene with Buddy (Kendra) singing to his dad (Dana) because all the other dancers just dance really awkward around the stage, so that's what I did :) I came on a 3rd time for the "Toy Story" scene with Barbie (Kendra) saying "Goodbye! Goodbye now! Are they all gone?!" During that part we all go across the stage waving with extremely chessy smiles. I LOVED it!
 |
DanceWorkes and me with our middle costumes on!
|
More tears came for everyone, including the audience, during a piece called "I Will Fix You". It was a piece choreographed by a girl in DW whose mom is battling cancer. I was on sidestage and everytime I watch that dance it just pulls at my heart strings. Those girls truly danced with their heart and that is when a dance is most beautiful, when it comes from true, honest, sincere emotion.
After both concerts when all the pictures had been taken and friends had been hugged and visited, I took off with the DanceWorkes girls. We ate, dance partied, talked, and ate some more!
 |
| Me and my lovely Sadie! |
 |
| Love these girls :) |
 |
| My amazing, talented and beautiful friend Chelsea! |
My last dance concert could not have been more memorable and amazing. I sincerely loved every minute of it and am SO grateful to have taken part in such an incredible show with such incredible girls. I love GHS DanceWorkes and Advanced Dance!
No comments:
Post a Comment