Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pikes Peak or BUST!

Concert Choir Tour 2012 took us to the beautiful state Colorado! We had the most beautiful weather, ok it was a bit chilly, but it was so beautiful and such a great escape since it was the first weekend it hit 100 degrees here! So we were grateful to be cold! The trip started before the crack of dawn Wednesday, (flashback to April 18th, I know I've been slacking on the blogging) we had Amie and Jessica sleeping over. We got up at 4am so we could be at the airport at 5:30am. Once we got to the airport the fun could begin! We made some videos and began documenting this unforgettable trip!
Mine and my mom's luggage, it looked like I had overpacked! Just doing her a favor :)
The girls with our favorite thing: our lanyards! {we really do LOVE them, we switch our name tags just to mess with people, its fun :) }

On our way to Wicked!
Once we arrived in Denver we were in a rush to get to our first thing on our agenda, a high school exchange with the Cherry Creek High Schools choir, they were PHENOMENAL! Like breathtaking amazing! It was a HUGE priviledge and honor to sing for them and to have them sing for us! My favorites were Baba Yetu (GHS Concert Choir did this a few years back) and one by Eric Whitacre, I think it was Boys and Girls? I can't remember but it was beautiful! After we all talked outside in the beautiful weather and got to meet some of the Cherry Creek students, they are cool kids and their school is stunningly beautiful, I could live in Colorado for sure!

After Cherry Creek it was time to head to the hotel and get ready for Wicked, wahoo! Wicked was in this really cool, old fashion building in downtown Denver. We had floor seats in the farthest back, but we still had a nice view! It was my 2nd time seeing it but I had forgotten how funny it was! Glinda is such a ditz but her lines make you laugh until your abs hurt! And Elphaba had the most beautiful, gorgeous, smooth, amazing voice; I was in awe! This cast was probably the best one compared to the original, their voices almost matched the originals perfectly. I even liked Fiero's voice more in the Denver cast! They were absolutely outstanding and I am still listening to those songs and remembering how awesome that musical is; I'd say it is my favorite! Defying Gravity and For Good are always stunning but especially where I am at in life right now the lyrics had so much more meaning. "It's time to trust my instincts, close my eyes...and leap" makes me think of graduation and how I am stepping into the "real world" as an adult/college student. It still hasn't fully hit me though and graduation is 11 days away. Anyways all this incredibleness happended then we headed back for the hotel, all this fun and it was just the first day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment