Friday, April 12, 2019

Baby Day!

I've got to get my thoughts out before we have this baby girl (possibly today!) I am sitting on our living room floor timing my contractions and things are starting to feel extremely real over here! The last few days (ok weeks really!) have been all about getting labor going and I think our baby girl is really ready! Robby's face was all excitement and a bit of shock when I started to time my contractions tonight and he saw how close they are together. Around 9:30/10 pm I started contracting and it wasn't until 11:30/12 that Robby mentioned I needed to start timing them, I noticed they had stayed somewhat consistent compared to two nights ago. Last night was when my contractions really started to feel different. I have been having so many braxton hicks, they have been so irregular but then last night I had several that were lower, more like period cramping. My braxton hicks were driving me crazy because they were just there and I kept thinking "maybe these will become stronger and more regular!" Only to get disappointed day after day. Shannon and I went on a 5 mile walk yesterday after I had my third appointment where my doctors stripped my membranes. I am 39 weeks and 4 days today, and I was hoping she wanted to join us before her due date :) I told Robby to try to get a little bit of sleep to help me get through our long day ahead.

There is still that surreal feeling of the unknown. It's so amazing and crazy to think that we get to meet our daughter so soon. I am struggling with some nausea and timing these contractions as I type my feelings out but I just am so excited to be so close. I wanted to write my thoughts out before she gets here, just in case it is today. I am just overwhelmed thinking about that moment when I get to hold her tiny body for the first time! Her little tiny hands and features, the newborn "smell" everyone refers to and how sweet it is, all the adorable coos and yawns and everything! I can't wait! I can picture Robby's tears and complete look of joy when we get to see and snuggle her!

No comments:

Post a Comment