Happy Thanksgiving! I have to work tonight so I am staying up late (early?) so I'll sleep in and get my rest before my 3 days of work start! I got home yesterday from spending the past week in AZ for our Grimes early Thanksgiving celebration. We planned a non-traditional Thanksgiving meal in true Grimes fashion as our schedules are all a bit sporatic so we do what we can to make things work! We had a photographer booked to take family photos Saturday morning before our feast, and Robby flew in Friday-Sunday since he still has work/school. I got to come Wednesday night through Tuesday night though lucky me! Mom and I went shopping with Kelsey and the kids at a boutique on Thursday, I found the cutest headbands and swaddles for baby girl! It was just so fun to finally shop and get a few things for her. I also bought a "mommy and me" matching gold bracelet set from a shop I have been eyeing for years! I actually bought sets for Rochelle, Camila and Kelsey & Brooke for Mother's Day last year, they are just the most dainty and beautiful bracelets. I am so excited to match my little girl! Mom took me to get a haircut later that day and we were right by Panera so I finally got my mac n cheese that I've been craving since I was about 8 weeks pregnant!
Friday night was when I picked up Robby and we got to go to dinner with Carson, Emma & Warren, Alex, Madi & Noah. It was so perfect how it worked out because we called them when they were all together about to go eat dinner so we joined them :) We ate pizza and then walked around San Tan Mall for a tiny bit and chatted away. I love that Robby and I have best friend couples- it makes it hard to not be in AZ with them all! After that we stopped by Paige and Nathans to visit real quick since we were driving by their house. We are so bad and always forget to tell anyone (including family sadly!) that we are coming to town. They are always super understanding and were sweet to let us crash at their house Saturday too! We headed to Rochelle and Erics for ice cream and to drop off clothes for pictures. We got all caught up on life and had some good talks about our family.
Saturday morning was our family pictures/Thanksgiving picnic/ belated birthday celebration for Kelsey. Mom cooked the day away on Friday but I unfortunately had a rough morning of nausea so I wasn't much help. We had cinnamon rolls (thanks to the boutique!), veggie egg bake, fresh fruit, and roasted red potatoes. We forgot to pack Mom's homemade pumpkin waffles and oatmeal/banana waffles. Thankfully we had plenty of food so it wasn't too bad, poor Mom though was so disappointed! We had a "30" golden ballon set for Kelsey, and then a few Thanksgiving plates and table cloths. Our pictures went surprisingly well for having 5 kids 5 and under! It was family photo central at the Riperian- its such a popular photo op place! When the photographer tried to take individuals of the kids Brooke gave her the biggest furrowed-brow glare, it was so funny! She'd run away and look down with her hands behind her back too, and then Maverick just stared blankly at the camera. We were all cracking up! Camila was really clingy and sassy too so we'll see how those ones all turned out haha. Our big group pictures went really well, the kids behaved and then with Grammy and Pops they were all smiling and looking at the camera! It was a miracle!! We headed to the park for our picnic and the kids enjoyed having a playground right beside us. We ate and talked for a few hours and then last minute had Kelsey open up a few gifts. I was so excited to give Kelsey a Solly Baby wrap! I had Rochelle pitch in, and we said it was from the sisters. She loves wearing her babies and since this baby is number 3 I think she'll need a new carrier now more than ever. She mentioned how excited she was and that she was about to buy one too so I'm so glad she didn't!
The busy morning of getting ready and pictures wore us out, especially Robby :) so he took a nap and then we headed to Gilbert for dinner. We met Paige and Nathan at Gecko Grill and talked all about Nathans new card game he's been working on the last few months, he's such a entrepreneur! It is so fun to see it all come together! That night we made plans to see Joe and Kelsey- she's 38 weeks pregnant and so we originally were going to hot tub at her parents house but they were worn out too so we just headed to their house to talk and hangout. Joe gave Robby and I the grand tour of their clubhouse while Kelsey put the kids to bed. It was amazing what they had- arcade games, heated pool, shuffle board, pool, foosball, fire pits, and a small restaurant! What a hangout! Made me want to move to AZ even more! We kept them up until 11:30 or so chatting. We had so much to catch up on and I still felt like I didn't get to say half of the things that came to my mind as we talked. The time goes by so quickly! We said our goodbyes late and headed back to Paige and Nathans to spend the night but they were already in bed. Made Robby and I feel so weird being the only ones staying up "late" on a Saturday night, when in our current reality 11:30 is still so early to us! We'll see what we think when baby comes and we need to put her on a schedule though :)
Fun side note: Saturday afternoon Chelsea and I were in the car and that was the first time I was for sure that baby girl was kicking and moving around inside! It was the most amazing thing- at first it felt like a twitch but then it was so obvious it was her! My hand is now on my belly all the time because I have been able to feel her everyday since! And Saturday night I put Robbys hand on my belly at the perfect time and he got to feel her move! I was 18 weeks and 5 days at this point, which I thought would be way to early for him to feel but she was just dancing away in there! Lots of kicks and tonight as I have been typing her movements feel different, a few kicks but also some smoother rolling around or something? It is so fun and I cannot get enough!
Sunday morning was spent eating breakfast while we played Nathans card game and talked some more. We talked about Mindy and Barry's upcoming wedding and just some funny things about Mindy being ready for marriage. Nathan opened up about how he really struggled with Mindy while Paige and Nathan were engaged and living in separate states- he still seemed a bit frustrated when he talked about it too. Threw me off because I never really realized what happened but it was hard for both Paige and Mindy to be roommates because Paige was just in such a different stage of life when Mindy first got to St. George. Anyway long story short Robby and Paige joked about how Mindy can procrastinate and so Mom has been doing so much of the wedding planning. Its all coming together and they still have lots and lots of time- 5 months was a plenty long engagement for us so I'm sure it'll be for them too! I headed straight to Mom and Dads ward after dropping Robby off at the airport, sadly I missed their sacrament but I chatted with Mom while she subbed in nursery and then went to the next wards sacrament so it worked out just fine. Mom had to work that night so I got to take the homemade waffles we had left behind to Rochelle and Erics to share with them and the kids.
Monday and Tuesday were spent running errands, shopping, eating Shake Shack :) We did a trip Papago park for a nature walk with Mom, Rochelle, Emerson, & Camila and Chelsea & Maverick. The nature walk sure wore me out sadly, and I tried to do a pull up and couldn't! I've lost so much muscle tone, my abs felt like they might tear when I tried, and my arms wouldn't budge- kind of a sad realization for me since I can't remember then last time I couldn't do a pull up? Chelsea & Maverick had to head home early so Mom took me, Rochelle and the kids to the zoo for a tiny bit before they closed off for the premiere of zoo lights. We got to see a few lit up and so many animals were out and about so it was great timing! We hung out at Mom and Dads after and watched Inside Out while eating one last Panera meal. And then Mom and Dad dropped me off at the airport. It was a long trip home as usual when I take the Southwest flight out of Vegas and have to take the shuttle. My flight was the cheapest I could find and was at 11 pm, meaning I didn't get home to St. George until 2:30am.
I woke up to a FaceTime call from Rochelle at 11 am yesterday saying she thought Kelsey might have the baby soon. She originally had invited a lot of the girls in both families- both moms, 4 sister in laws and a friend, not to mention her midwife and her assistant would be there too. Plus Kelsey mentioned at our picnic that she wanted William and Brooke to be able to be apart of it all as well! What a party! She ended up not texting and inviting all the girls she originally said and just had my mom, her mom and I think the friend over. I don't think Rochelle was as disappointed though as I was though when I got a text from my mom to our family at 12:15 saying "He's here!" born at 12:07 pm 11/21. I couldn't believe I had missed his birth by about 12 hours! I had just gotten home from my trip to AZ, sadly that is my luck with witnessing Kelsey give birth. I wanted so badly to be there, she invited me to Brookes and I missed that by 6 days (I was in nursing school and at the time and came for my spring break- leaving Robby behind and everything! And I missed it by 6 days!) I think it would be so special to witness a natural birth, especially Kelsey since she is so calm and confident in her birthing abilities. I am still questioning whether or not I would like an epidural and so I would have loved to witness her birth without one! I've only seen live births of women who have had an epidural (Whitley and then the few I saw in nursing school). I am still a bit bummed but how special that my mom could be there! She called me and told me a tiny bit, how William and Brooke participated and William even cut his baby brothers cord! How incredible! He's 5!! We got a few texts with pictures and stats, 7 lbs and 19.5 inches. And his name is Warren Kay :) Warren after her dad but I'm not sure where Kay comes from- I'm sure I'll find out soon. Anyway I did book a cheap flight for next week so I can meet this little guy while he is still so little. I cannot wait! I am getting so excited to experience all the newborn bliss and having this little baby to snuggle just makes me so happy. I am thrilled our family gets another precious little one- we are so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment