Happy Easter! I love this time of year, I cannot believe it is already Easter Sunday. We have plans to watch conference, color eggs, and eat dinner with Robby's family. I unfortunately have to work tonight...hence why I am wide awake and journaling at 4:00 am. I will have to update on here my thoughts and feelings of this Easter and of conference. It has been so special already. I slept through yesterdays morning session, and so I made sure to watch it tonight. As I sustained our new prophet, President Russel M. Nelson, I felt God's power and His spirit. It is incredible being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Earlier this week we celebrated Robby's 26th birthday! Once again I use it as an excuse to get all sentimental and mushy-gushy :) I thought about the first birthday I spent with him four years ago (we were dating long-distance), I had my roommate Megan help me make him a video...it is really embarrassing now to look back on. I am hoping one day I won't be as embarrassed as I am right now, here is the link to it: https://vimeo.com/90274074
I worked the night before his birthday, and so the morning of on my drive home from work I picked up some donuts from the grocery store, as well as his favorite blue Mountain Dew, dried mangoes, and cookies-n-cream pop tarts. I set out a birthday card, a birthday cake scent candle, and a few gifts I had wrapped. He still had school all day and a big test to study for sadly so I didn't get much time with him that morning. That afternoon I had a dr. appointment (talked to the OB/GYN about having babies soon...feels like a big step!) so I was awake pretty early. I made a plan to go pick up a super last minute gift before picking him up from school. I barely made it with enough time! I ran to the game store to pick it up. Robby had told me about a game just a few days prior when we were having a game/date night with a couple in our ward (Jacob and Carrie Cotter...we have been doing lots with them, they are an awesome couple!) I found myself spending a bit too much on that one game...but I knew it would make Robby's dreams come true so I was excited to splurge on him! I picked him up and at home he went straight into the garage where I had just hidden that huge game (the box is ginormous!) I was nervous he had seen it, luckily he didn't! That threw Robby off-guard when I told him I had put a gift in the garage that was too big to wrap and so he couldn't go back in. He was so giddy and so we opened his gifts right then :) I had bought him some hybrid shorts and t-shirts. Then I guided him into the garage while his eyes were closed. He was so surprised/thrilled to see Gloomhaven! He started planning a game night for this weekend the second he saw it! We then had to hurry off to Benja's, it is our favorite restaurant here is St. George--best Thai food ever. We had the whole crew together (Mom, Dad, Brent, Whitley, Cash, Mindy and her boyfriend Barry). It was a fun little celebration. We went over to Mom and Dad's after, thankfully Shannon helped me out and made Robby's favorite scotcharoos. We ended the night with a game of Super Smash Bros with Mindy and Barry. Robby's birthday wish come true! ;) We had some special alone time at home before we went to bed. I love that boy! He makes my heart so happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment