I cannot believe Robby and I are just
5 days away from starting our eternal life together! It is so surreal. That is the best way to describe it. It kinda started to feel real after my roommates threw me the sweetest surprise bridal shower in St. George...they are so nice! It was Alyssa, Kristin, & Sierra who planned it out. Priscilla, Stacie, Courtney, Whitely, Paige and Emma all came too! I have the best group of girl friends I could ever ask for. I know I'm gone so much and my roommates didn't get to know me as well as they could have because I spend all my time with Robby....we still got to do a lot of fun and adventurous things with them every once in a while though (hiking trip, camping trip, stargazing on the roof, late night ice cream runs, talks on our couch or in the kitchen). And they are just so kind & thoughtful they wanted to do something so nice for me, I was just blown away! We ate the yummiest homemade french toast and opened gifts and talked... I miss those sweet girls!
 |
| Priscilla (wedding videographer...she is so talented and sweet!) Kristin (leaving on mission to Denver) Courtney, Alyssa, Sierra, Emma, Whitley and Paige |
I moved back to AZ just in time for another bridal shower and then bachelorette party....it was busy! I got home around 9 on Friday May 1st, Dad picked me up from the airport and took me to Chick-fil-A for a lunch date. We talked about his work and got all caught up on life, I miss being with him and just talking about the little things (and big things too!). The next day Mom and I were off to help at the bridal shower at the Wyeths. It was adorable! All the decor was so cute, I am SO blessed with thoughtful friends and family! I LOVED seeing so many friends/neighbors! And getting to reconnect with all my old friends :) The sisters (well everyone but Mindy) couldn't be at my AZ shower so they all wrote me "long distance well wishes" that were displayed. We also made a video in St. George (thanks to Priscilla...shes been our hero!) we showed with questions about each other that I had to answer then we'd watch him answer. It was adorable, he was so cute! We answered pretty much all of them the same :) It was so fun for the girls who didn't know him get to see a tiny piece of his personality! After the party Mom and I met Shannon and Mindy at Gemma's for the
last dress fitting!
 |
| Mothers Day with my new momma :) |
The bachelorette party was the same day! So fun too! Naomi and Hunter threw it and we ate so much junk food and had a nice long dance party :) We played a few games to see who knew which bride best (the questions were hard but Diana and I tied!) We made lingerie out of toilet paper then had a fashion show... and opened presents! The girls were all so sweet, Diana & I stayed up talking about how marriage will be like! Naomi had to leave at 4 am so we woke up to say bye real quick :)

There have been so many sacred and special moments since I've been home. I've been prepping for the temple and studying different topics in the Bible Dictionary like Atonement, Sacrifice, Christ, Anoint, Temple, Fall of Adam, and Covenant (from Elder Nelson's talk "Personal Preparation for Temple Blessings). I used this talk as a reference for Robby and my "farewell talk" to our singles ward. We both spoke about the temple and the covenants we make there. I was overwhelmed with the Spirit once more- I knew I was in the right place at the right time...with the right person of course :)

Thursday night, the night before Robby got here Mom and I got all the things for the temple, my dress and clothes and bag. I was getting so excited! I got home and saw my temple dress hanging up and felt this overwhelming feeling of joy. It was so pure and I felt like I was a princess. I said a prayer that night of thanks to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be at this point. At that moment I was overwhelmed again, and the prayer I said became so much more eloquent than I could have ever spoken. I thanked God for allowing me to see how the gospel was intertwined and weaved every aspect of my life together. I could see so clearly how all my joy and happiness and strength came from God and His perfect son, My Savior. Robby came home Friday night and then that Tuesday I scheduled my endowment. Going through the temple was indescribable. I felt like I was a queen, getting to see a piece of what heaven is really like. Robby, his parents, my parents, Diana, Sadie, Megan, Phylip, and Caleb were all there to support me. It was so perfect. I am just in awe and so excited to go back and to continue to learn more.

Last night (& tonight!) I got so excited to spend just a bit of time alone with Robby, we've been so busy! But its been perfect! Rochelle and Emerson are in town! (YAY!!! Love being with them!) and so is Robby's Grandma. We played volleyball with Rochelle and her friends and then went to grab a drink from Circle K alone while she went to get frozen yogurt. We kept chanting "date! date! date!" in the car and I got butterflies just thinking about our honeymoon! He is so sweet to me! I am so blessed to have Robby. He is my everything and I could not imagine where I'd be without him. He has changed my life literally forever. The amount of love he has for me just makes my heart want to explode. Watching Diana & Jake and then Karson & Alyssa be sealed just made me extra excited and anxious for our wedding! It was an incredible thing to experience 2 of my friends sealings just a week before my own!
No comments:
Post a Comment