A few days ago a thought came into my head and I began to write myself a note as if I was older and was looking back to give my 18 year old self reminders/advice. It went a little like this:
Dear 18 year old me,
When you think life is difficult, think again. What matters to you now (boys, clothes, and other stupid worldy things...) will not matter in 10 years. It is important to stay close to Heavenly Father and your Savior Jesus Christ. When you feel inadequate, lost, alone or afraid rely on Him for strength. Stop worrying over the little things, because they are not worth it! Find the beauty in everything around you and remember where all your greatest gifts came from. Remember who put the golden sun in the sky and let you live to see it another day. Remember who blessed you with loving family and friends who are always there to make you smile. Remember to work hard and never give up. Cherish every moment because time goes by too quickly, don't let yourself feel down and upset for too long. Share God's love for His children, let people know that you appreciate and love them, let people know they've impacted and touched your heart. Try each and every day to become better. A better sister, daughter, friend, granddaughter, whatever it is, do your best and do not settle for less.
As weird as it was writing as a future self to a present self (confusing right?) I really liked thinking about what I'll wish I remembered at this age. How the seemingly huge things that matter so much to me now will have next to no matter at all. I'm grateful that the Spirit gives me guidance and when I'm struggling over little things, I get help to catch a glimpse of the bigger picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment