Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Merry Go 'Round

To sum it up, this week has been full of those "up" and "down" moments. Sounds pretty typical I guess, well I like to think of those moments like the ones on a "merry go 'round" {bringing back some childhood memories? :) } English 102 isn't so bad, we just did a research paper and are about to start a another one, only this next one we must right to persuade the opposing view from our last paper, so basically we have to pretend to have a desire to persuade the opposite of what we believe...guess the topic of eliminating profanity in media may have just back-fired on me! :( We'll see how it goes!
Pre-calc we have been pretty spoiled lately with not much homework, its been great!! Advanced Vocal is amazing as ever, we were able to get 2 pieces ready for concert (which is in 5 days) in like 2 weeks!! I wanna say that's a new record! Since we had perfected our other songs like crazy for AMEA and Jazz/Mad we were able to jump right onto these next 2 and they are sounding amazing! Concert choir's songs are really coming along well for the level of difficulty of music we have, Elijah Rock and The Ground are still the favorites. But Sing Joyfully is starting to sound really beautiful as well! I sit by Jill in Concert choir and during Elijah Rock when the basses and altos have really low parts or when the sopranos hit really high notes we just get so excited! We kinda silently freak out :)

Advanced dance I've been struggling with, I just have gotten pretty jealous of Chelsea's relationships with all the girls in Danceworkes. I also just want to be able to reach that level of technique. We started the senior dance which I really didn't wanna be in since I don't feel I connect with any of the senior girls. My heart was changed today as the 2 girls who choreographed it told me they'd given me a longer solo and placed me centerstage since I "should" be in Danceworkes. Its not really the attention I want, but it made me see those girls differently, they are so sweet for doing that for me.

Today I had not been looking forward to MORP and all that, but after the date tonight I got so excited! What we all did was we came to our house, played Buzz Word, Catch Phrase, and Baby if you love me! My mom made us homemade skookies with homemade ice cream, she is the best!!! She did it all because I went straight from school, to getting the house ready, to work, then to get ready to pick Branson up, thank goodness for moms! After dessert we went to Jesterz Improv Comedy Show, they are so amazing and SO hilarious! Its all family friendly, good, clean comedy which is sadly rare. They did a warm up skit about MORP because of our suggestions, and they did a "Legally Ginger" skit! We laughed until our abs hurt and we may or may not have laughed even harder because of a lady's extremely loud monkey laugh who was sitting in the front row!! It was a blast to say the least, they are so talented to just make it all up on the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment